Sunday, February 26, 2012

Tickets

In less than two weeks, I will be off on my next big adventure.  I will be going on a transcontinental trip from Staunton, VA to San Francisco, CA on Amtrak.  Coming along with me is my Mom and my daughter, Tori.  This is Tori's spring break and I promised I would take her on a trip since I took Alex out west last summer.  We will be boarding Amtrak's Cardinal train in Staunton on March 9th.  We will arrive in Chicago the next morning, if on schedule.  After a layover in Chicago, we will be boarding the Southwest Chief to Los Angeles, CA with an expected arrival on Monday morning.  After a very brief layover there, we will board the Coast Starlight to Oakland, CA and then a final leg on a bus over the bay bridge to San Francisco Monday night.  I am heading to Charlottesville today to print out all the tickets for this trip.  I have to go to Charlottesville to do this because Staunton is not a staffed station and they do not have Quiktrack machines that allow you to print out your tickets from a reservation.  Having those tickets in hand will mean the trip is very soon and I really need to start thinking about packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment